Thursday, December 24, 2009

The whole house smells of roasting turkey...

First and foremost, I need to calculate my calories for the day, so please excuse me for a moment. ;)

Toast: 100
Egg white: 15
Cauliflower: 15
Apple: 35
Salad: 30
Tuna: 100
Some of the little one's Mac & Chz: 45
Cookie: 60
2nd cookie (fail): 100
Atkins bar: 160
Total at 2:24 PM : 660

Really?? It's those cookies. :( Cardio time for today totaled about 150 cals burned, unfortunately. Just didn't have it in me today. I know that sound horrible, but my legs were so fatigued from yesterday. I'll get back on it tonight.

Also, I've decided to implement a little ...shall we say... system of consequences. When I go over my limit or give into a binge, the only punishment is the constant and inevitable self-deprecation that follows. That's definitely unpleasant enough, but it leads to more depression and that, in and of itself, is counterproductive, as I have mentioned before.

While I don't ever like to put exercise in a negative light, because it's actually my very best ally in all of this, I do think that an unplanned snack or especially a binge should be reprimanded with, say, a hundred jumping jacks and fifty crunches...as a direct result of overindulging. Indulging, period. Not only will the sore abs serve as a reminder and a deterrent to future binges, but they'll have some obviously positive effects otherwise. Who doesn't love a flat belly? Well...I'd prefer the concave look, of course, but we have to start somewhere.

Of course, after a binge, the last thing you feel like doing is moving around. The time it takes my food to settle varies, depending on what I ate, but I figure that as soon as I'm capable of jumping about for an extended period of time I shall certainly do so, until I can hardly jump anymore.

That's the plan, Stan...

On the bright side, I've managed to resist peanut butter all day. So...that's cool. :)

Christmas dinner will more than likely be served this evening. All the trimmings. The winter storm/blizzard is going to keep us away from all of the food family would have contributed, but that doesn't mean I'm safe. Perhaps after gift-wrapping is done for the afternoon I'll get myself back up on that elliptical for a REAL workout. 500 or bust.

Stay well, think thin...and remember there's absolutely NOTHING like it...nothing above it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment