Sunday, April 11, 2010

I can't write this fucking essay to save my LIFE!

I cannot think, I cannot write, and I have no muse. She doesn't exist. This essay does NOT exist. This test grade is important. My head looks like this:

...and I don't even know how to begin figuring out where to start sorting it all out.

:\

For the first six hours of my day I sat blankly in front of my computer screen, expecting it to suddenly come to me, all the while enduring a constant barrage of Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go!...while my darling little adventurer herself daringly defeated the devious foes of her imagination behind my back...LITERALLY behind my back, using my shoulders as a diving board as she leapt from couch to floor and back again...I am sore, and I want more alcohol. Alcohol consumption very rarely leads to stunningly eloquent or grammatically/syntactically correct English essays.

This post has no point.

I just needed to vent a little...So thank you for listening to me.

I feel like screaming and throwing something hard against...something else...that's also hard...

The first hard thing would need to break...into a kajillion tiny little plastic and metal pieces and scatter (loudly!) all over the ceramic or tile floor below. And then I would walk away...and for once, NOT have to clean up a mess.

<3

4 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, but sometimes when I have writer's block on Word (or whatever is the computer program of your choice), I get prehistoric and take out the good old pencil and paper. For some reason, the white lined paper makes me less anxious and scattered than a blank Word document.

    Good luck! You'll work it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, don't be silly! If you can't write, take an inspiration break. Do some reading or something that has to do with your essay, but just relax and scan to what interests you and go from there :) You will be fine. You're over-panicking!
    I do the same thing, and I never follow my advice, but maybe you will? ;)

    xoxox alisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate writers block. I always write poetry about the first thing I see or can thin k of (ex. my pencil) to undo my writers block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is EXACTLY my last two days (minus the little one)

    I have gotten nowhere on my essay and I've been trying at it all day and what's worse is I think what I do have down is completely NOT what my teacher is asking for.

    Fail. I want to cry.

    Sorry for venting in your comment area but... yeah I can relate.

    Good Luck with it PD.

    ReplyDelete