Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ahh, inspiration! Perhaps not the kind you'd expect...

All right, first and foremost...the after-gym, after-breakfast update. Then on to the juicy stuff. ;)

Oatmeal: 140
Egg whites: 30
1/2 toast: 45
Jam: 15
Total as of now (11:04 am): 230

230. Not horrible...BUT WAIT! There's more!

Went to the gym. Elliptical for 45 minutes = 390 calories burned. I know that isn't enough, definitely not what I had hoped to expend, but it does put me at a deficit. :) THAT is good.

SO.

On to the good stuff (and then I have to go get ready for a LUNCH date with an old girlfriend of mine...Yeah. LUNCH. I mentioned that earlier...Salad for me!)

I've been trying to decide on my next tattoo. It'll be my 7th, and I'll hopefully be able to get it done before January is over. The more I've been thinking about it, the more I'm leaning toward getting more than one...but that just depends on how much of my financial aid I can afford to spend on myself. ;)

How do you like this? In order to remind myself daily of the fact that I am, despite my very deepest convictions, really beautiful...somewhere...even if it's only on the inside for now...I'd like to get some ink to tell me so, every time I look in the mirror.

I was pretty positive I'd be happy with the word, "Beautiful" inscribed on my inner arm, but reversed, so that it'd reflect legibly when I looked at myself in the mirror.

However, in light of recent developments (blog and comment-related, via a few of my incredible followers and fellow ana/mia counterparts... <3) I think I may opt instead for a slightly different inscription...

How about "Stay Lovely"? :D

I can't think of anything better to both remind me daily of my inner beauty, as well as all that I'm doing here to cultivate my outer loveliness at the same time. Of course, it'd also serve as further inspiration to continue on this path, as I'm sure I'd think of all of you and your lovely strength every time I saw it.

So... Your thoughts? Input? I'm so excited...I can imagine it already.

I can also imagine myself being late for this lunch if I don't get out of here right now! ;)

Stay beautiful, lovely, amazing, and inspiring...every single one of you.

<3

3 comments:

  1. O.M.G.

    I think that is an AWESOME idea!!

    You will have to post a picture of it once it is healed. I LOVE tattoos. My husband has about 80 hours of work; a full back piece and another front piece that covers the top of his chest and both arms to the elbows. He has actually done some tattoo modeling.

    I have two tattoos; a small one on the inside of my left ankle and a back piece that is still in progress but currently covers about 3/4 of the space.

    I have to admit that I am totally tempted to steal your idea and add 'Stay lovely' to my back piece. Hmmmmm...

    Bottom line: I give this idea a big fat zero calories! (Zero calories being the best thing there is.)

    Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a brilliant idea!!
    And... I hope your lunch date went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's perfect! Very simple, but it means a lot. I love your idea of having it reversed so you can read it in the mirror. You better post pictures when you get it :D

    ReplyDelete